Okay so when I started to get some interest in using Essential Oils for our family’s wellness goals, I wanted only the best. And bottom line? That’s Young Living. I’ve done the research, I’ve visited the farms, and I’m 100% convinced. We won’t use another brand of oils ever, at all.
But why? Well let’s talk about WHAT Essential Oils are first… then I’ll explain what makes Young Living different.
Plants have been linked to the wellness of man since the beginning of time. Ancient people utilized plants in a variety of ways. The Egyptians, Greeks, Romans, Europeans, and Asian cultures have used them for centuries for health, beauty, fragrance, and spiritual practices. Essential oils are also specifically mentioned throughout the Bible. And we believe the Lord has provided everything we need in nature for our bodies to survive and thrive. For our families, this includes using essential oils to support our bodies in a multitude of ways.
● Essential oils are plant concentrates. When a plant is dried for tea or to make supplements, around 97% of the essential oil is lost, as well as much of the plant’s capability of helping us be healthy. By using the EO we are getting the plant’s complete chemical profile in each drop.
● Most essential oils are extracted from plant sources using steam distillation and are highly concentrated, making them far more potent than dried herbs or botanicals.
● Essential oils are volatile liquids, which means that the scent of the oil rises quickly into the air.
● They are also versatile with a wide variety of uses. Some people use EOs to enliven an environment, support different body systems, or for creating chemical free alternatives to many household items.
For over 20 years, Young Living has set the standard for purity and authenticity. Young Living is the oldest and most trusted essential oil company in the world. They carefully monitor the production of their essential oils from beginning to end through the unique Seed to Seal process, ensuring the purity of each essential oil and protecting nature’s living energy in every bottle. Please visit www.seedtoseal.com for some amazing videos about our unique process.
Now let’s talk about the individual steps of that process.
1. Seed– To make the best, we start with the best seeds and botanicals that have been evaluated for their essential oil-producing potential. Non-GMO seeds must be verified to ensure they are exactly the right species.
2. Cultivate– Young Living farms, located around the globe, are dedicated to perfecting our responsible and sustainable growing and harvesting methods. Our experts travel the world visiting the Young Living farms and our carefully monitored partner growers to make sure cultivation processes meet or exceed the highest standards. The seeds are crops are cultivated at precise times of the day or season to get the best therapeutic benefit from the oil.
3. Distill– Combining ancient and modern techniques, Young Living is recognized as an innovator in essential oil distillation. Our gentle, proprietary techniques extract essential oils while preserving their precious constituents. The plants are distilled at specific times, pressures, and temperatures to ensure that all the wonderful benefits are transferred correctly to the oil itself. Young Living owns 9 farms world-wide. The distilleries are on site to guarantee the purity and authenticity of the oils grown at that farm. (We use cold pressing or resin tapping methods for select oils such as citrus, frankincense, and copaiba.)
4. Test– Young Living’s essential oils are then tested extensively with at least 8 separate tests to make sure that the therapeutic levels are present after distillation. To guarantee consistent, verifiable quality, our oils are tested in third-party facilities, as well as in Young Living’s own internal labs. Our testing methods ensure that our oils meet stringent specifications, exceed international standards, and contain the desired levels of natural bioactive compounds.
5. Seal– Young Living completes the Seed to Seal process in our 107,000-square-foot facility in Spanish Fork, Utah. Using state-of-the-art equipment, our essential oils are carefully bottled, labeled, and then shipped to members worldwide. It’s important to notice that we’re involved all the way to this step – Young Living controls the bottling process so that they know that no contaminants or chemicals have been added.
*Carefully monitoring every step and applying the most rigorous quality controls possible ensure that you are receiving essential oils exactly the way nature intended with as many molecular components as possible. Purity is so important because most other essential oils may be synthetic, adulterated, or diluted and can be harmful.
And THAT…. that’s how you end up with the amazing, precious, painstakingly produced essential oils our family is PROUD to use. Ready to start on YOUR oily journey? Let’s do it! Come join the JoyDroppers family!
xoxo – Erin