Joy. Oh, we love some Joy around here. I’m starting this series with our namesake oil. Let’s learn a little about JOY today. 🙂
What’s the deal with Joy Essential Oil Blend?
This beautiful blend brings joy to the heart, mind, and soul. It inspires romance and helps overcome deep-seated grief and depression.
There are ten different oils in Joy. They are listed below along with a brief description of each oil.
- Bergamot Essential Oil (Citrus bergamia) has analgesic, anti-infectious, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is refreshing and uplifting and helps with anxiety and depression.
- Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (Cananga odorata) increases relaxation; balances male and female energies. It also restores confidence and equilibrium.
- Geranium Essential Oil (Pelargonium graveolens) has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-depressant, and sedative properties. Its aroma lifts the spirit and releases negative emotions.
- Rosewood Essential Oil (Aniba rosaeodora) has antiviral, antibacterial, anti-infectious and antifungal properties. It is emotionally stabilizing and sometimes used for depression.
- Lemon Essential Oil (Citrus limon) has antiseptic and immune stimulating properties. It is purifying and uplifting. A 1995 Mie University study documented the ability of citrus fragrances to combat depression and boost immunity.
- Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum officinale) has antidepressant and antispasmodic properties. It is emotionally uplifting.
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil (Chamaemelum nobile) has anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic and anti-infectious properties. It is calming and relaxing and is used for depression and stress.
- Rose Otto Essential Oil (Rosa damascena) has anti-hemorrhaging, anti-infectious and aphrodisiac properties. It is stimulating to the mind and creates a sense of well being.
- Mandarin Essential Oil (Citrus reticulata) is uplifting to the mind and body and brings happiness and peace. It reduces stress, irritability and insomnia.
- Palmarosa Essential Oil (Cymbopogon martinii) has antiviral, antifungal, antibacterial and antiseptic properties. It helps reduce nervous tension and anxiety.
- Coriander Essential Oil (Coriandrum sativum) has antibacterial, antispasmodic, analgesic and antifungal properties. It is relaxing and releases fear and shock.
What are the Documented Uses for Joy Essential Oil? Abuse, ALS, acceptance, adrenal glands, agitation, anger, anxiety, argumentative, apathy, aura, clearing, cancer (emotional side), Cushing’s disease, deodorant, depression, despair, despondency, disappointment, discouragement, dying, energy, expression, frigidity (women), grief, grounding, happiness, heart (broken or heavy), impotence (female), injury (emotional), jealousy, lack of libido (women), loss of loved one, love, lungs, Lupus, Lyme Disease, memory, mood swings, obsessiveness, personal change, physical fatigue, poison oak and ivy, positive feelings, postpartum depression, pregnancy, protection, resentment, restlessness, sadness, Schmidt’s Syndrome, seizure, shock, stress, transitions, trauma, and weight loss (emotional).
What Body Systems are Affected? Nervous System
What is the Aromatic Affect on the Mind? Emotionally calming and balancing.
What is the Spiritual Influence? Joy promotes the emotions of love, happiness and confidence. It helps us release emotional blocks of love, self-love and sharing love. It also helps us release grief and depression that is stored in the heart and lungs.
What Chakra is Affected? Opens the sacral, heart and solar plexus chakras.
How do I use it?
Use NEAT (undiluted) then,
- Apply several drops (2-4) to wrists, edge of ears, neck and feet
- Add several drops (2-4) to bath water
- Apply to vitaflex points
- Directly inhale, diffuse, or
- Dilute 1:15 with vegetable oil for body massage.
What are the Safety Precautions? Joy essential oil does not have any known contraindications. Non-irritating and non-toxic. Photosensitivity – direct exposure to sunlight within 12 hours after use could cause dermatitis.
Tips and Testimonials from an Essential Oil User
Everyone loves the scent of Joy Essential Oil. Wear it as a perfume or cologne over the heart to encourage healing and inspire love!
Place on a wet cloth and place in the dryer for a wonderful floral scent for your clothes!
Do you have a Starter Kit yet? We’d love to have you join the team! Click here to Get Started!
Have a Great Experience to Share About this Essential Oil?
Do you have a personal story to share about this Essential Oil? Please share it in the comments below!